Life Christian Church
June 12, 2011 – After Service
Start time for Sign up: Sunday, May 15th after service
A video you can watch to help answer some of your potential questions (below):
Sign up Format:
Board on wall near drinking fountain in church lobby to sign up.
Description: Each team receives an envelope with three acts of kindness, to complete Sunday afternoon. While “act” is occurring, a photo is taken with all participating parties and sent with a description to: email@example.com
Teams of 3 people/families – potentially 20-25 teams - People can sign up with their own pre-selected teams or can be assigned to a team – their choice
After service each team will have one representative pick up an envelope at the table in the lobby. The envelope will contain a 3×5 sized card which will have the name of the event at the top, three general categories of acts listed on the left with 3 examples of each general category listed on the right. Such as: help someone you don’t know who needs assistance. Examples: rake a yard, carry groceries, fix a fence
The bottom of the card will contain instructions for the uploading of photos.
The envelopes will be handed out to team captains on the day of the Rally
They can either go in one car or drive separately with their teams.
Pictures and Uploading:
People need to provide their own camera and upload their own photos – they can select/designate someone from their team to do this. Anyone with a smartphone or data plan should be able to do this.
Pictures need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of each picture and names of team members by end of day Sunday. Pictures will be put on Facebook and in a video collage to be a big mouth for Jesus (as Pastor Marie says).
Possible acts of kindness:
Help someone who needs assistance – example: Stop and Help someone who’s car is broken down
Make someone’s day - Buy someone a cup of coffee
Help the helpless – buy a homeless person lunch, mow someone’s lawn
Here are some other examples:
* Have lunch with homeless
* Help someone whose car is broken down
* Pay for someone’s purchase at the salvation army
* Spend an hour playing cards with a resident of an elderly care or assisted
* Volunteer time at a hospital
* Pay the tab for the person behind you
* Help someone with their yard work
* Clean up graffiti
* Donate used books to the library
* Give care packs to the homeless
* Give the elderly the gift of music
* Thank your fire/police department – bring them cookies and say thanks
* Write a letter to someone who made a difference in your life
* Visit an animal shelter
* Pick up groceries for a neighbor
* Talk with a homeless person
* Pick up trash
* Leave a generous tip
* Rake your neighbor’s yard