Xplore 2011 – youth summer camp!
tickets now available online – click here
We wanted to let you know about our summer camp that is coming up on July 8-10th. It will be located in Hastings, MI at Camp Michawana. The trip is designed not only for fun (even though we’re going to have a lot of fun), but to equip students with wisdom to navigate through life’s choices, which ultimately determine the destination for our lives. We are so excited to see what God is going to do on this weekend in the lives of the students that attend. There are always numerous testimonies from these trips!
During the weekend, your student(s) will attend four large group sessions where they will experience passionate worship and a dynamic message. Students will also attend two small group sessions where they will be given an opportunity to apply these messages to their own personal lives, as well as hear the advice of others.
Because of the ministry goals for this trip, please support us by not bringing any electronic devices. This means NO cell phones, iPods, palm pilots, blackberrys, laptops, video games, etc. Sorry, we know this is hard, but trust us–it is for everyone’s good. Adult leaders will have cell phones for students to call home to check in with parents if needed. Phone lists of leaders will be given out at the Friday Check-In, so parents have a way to contact leadership. Any questions or concerns about this, please contact James Boyd at: (248) 701-3751.
Here are some of the extras that this camp brings with it for the summer: bonfires, outdoor services, lake with the BLOB, climbing rock wall, ropes course, volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball and more! We are able to keep the cost to a low $99 per student, if paid for by June 8th. If paid after that, it will be $120 per student. We have come up with a payment plan to assist you in the planning! Please also note that the last day to sign up is Wednesday June 29th. For any questions on payments please feel free to contact Sarah Pawloski at 586-350-4548 or email@example.com.
Tickets available online – click here
Payment Plan proposal
$20 May 15
$20 May 22
$20 May 29
$20 June 5
$19 June 12
We are also planning on having car washes and selling massage gift certificates to help offset the cost. If your child participates we will take that off of what is owed.
The dates for the car washes are:
The dates for selling gift certificates are:
For any questions on payments please feel free to contact Sarah Pawloski at 586-350-4548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuff to bring:
o Personal Hygiene Items
- Showers have concrete floors; flip flops are necessary!
o Summer appropriate indoor/outdoor clothing (shorts, tank tops, t-shirts, bathing suits)
- If a female bathing suits must be a 1 piece or a tankini that covers the stomach. A dark color shirt may also be worn.
o Sleeping Bag with pillow (or sheets and blankets)
o Flashlight with batteries
o Bible, Pen, and Paper
Departure: Students will arrive at Life Christian Church by 3:00 pm
Arrival Students will be taking the bus back to their respective Campus church. We plan to arrive back around 3:00pm.
Food: Meals will be provided by Camp Michawana, Students will need to bring money for dinner enroute Friday night and lunch Sunday (approximately $10-$15)
Medical: All medical needs will be handled by the Camp Michawana staff. We are taking the overall safety precaution and following a 1:5 leader to student ratio.
1. Use the “Buddy System” at all times. Three buddies if gender opposite.
2. Participation during large group and small group is not optional. No going back to rooms.
3. You are not to leave Campgrounds during the Retreat.
4. Be kind to each other. Include people and talk to people who may not be meshing.
5. You must keep to the retreat schedule. Be on time!
6. Everyone should be in their cabins by 12:00am! MIDNIGHT!
7. No PDA’S personal displays of affection.
8. No electronics including cell phone. Not to torture you, but to guide you in the best possible retreat experience. Sometimes we just need to get away from life
9. No boys in girls room no girls in boys room. Not even for a minute.
10. Just in case you don’t know. No alcohol, drugs, firearms, or cigarettes. Any of these could result in having to call parents and having them come and get you.
11. Camp Michawana bans the use of permanent marker, red drinks, paint, silly string and other damaging material in their buildings. Any use of these, you will take the responsibility to pay the cleaning and repair of the facility charge of $250.
12. Have fun and treat each other with love, and remember we’re going on this retreat to grow closer to God. So dance, sing, and enjoy the experience.
Feel free to call if you have any questions.
Troy and overall – Team Leader James Boyd (248) 701-3751
Howell – Team Leader Pat Steele (810) 423-5124
New Baltimore – Team Leader John Tucker (586) 530-7359
Administrator - Sarah Pawloski (586) 350-4548
Tickets available online – click here